Statistician and webmaster
I can be consulted on the following:
- The planning of experiments. This is the crucial first step for the control of random influences that can spoil the testing of hypotheses. Carefully planning a scientific experiment can also prevent potential troubles during the analyses.
- The planning of sampling, in order to obtain representative and significant samples under constraints and using minimal material, budget and time.
- Data analysis, particularly when alternative analysis methods must be used because something went wrong (and something often does go wrong!).
- The interpretation of results. It is easy to be misled or lost in the vast amount of information produced by statistical software.
- Help with writing and text revision. Particularly the ‘Methods’ and ‘Results’ chapters of scientific articles and theses.
I am also in charge of the maintenance of the IRBV website.