department of biological sciences
Adjunct professor at UWA (Perth, Australia)
Plant functional ecology. Community and ecosystem ecology. Plant-soil interactions.
We study plant functional traits to better understand and predict plant species distributions along environmental gradients. We focus on soil fertility as a driving environmental variable and on plant traits related to nutrient acquisition and use. In particular, we study plant-soil interactions and their consequences on plant biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. Our research helps to improve the restoration of degraded ecosystems.
We study to understand changes in plant biodiversity across Canada using spectranomics
CABO project: http://www.caboscience.org/
- Rosalie Beauchamp-Rioux, M.Sc. student
- Alexis Carteron, Ph.D. student
- Alizée Girard, M.Sc. student
- Xavier Guilbeault-Mayers, Ph.D. student
- Vlad Parasquive, Ph.D. student
co-supervision Jacques Brisson
- Anna-Katharina Schweiger, posdoctoral fellow
above: 7-minute Youtube video by Felipe Albornoz on his article showing the influence of indigenous pathogens and ectomycorrhizes on competition between plants
- BIO-1803: Écologie et Environnement
- BIO-3753: Stage d’écologie végétale