- Teste, F.P., E. Laliberté, H. Lambers, Y. Auer, S. Kramer et E. Kandeler. 2016. Mycorrhizal fungal biomass and scavenging declines in phosphorus-impoverished soils during ecosystem retrogression. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 92 : 119-132.
- Zemunik, G., B.L. Turner, H. Lambers et E. Laliberté. 2016. Increasing plant species diversity and extreme species turnover accompany declining soil fertility along a long-term chronosequence in a biodiversity hotspot. Journal of Ecology, 104 : 792-805.
- Krüger, M., F.P. Teste, E. Laliberté, H. Lambers, M. Coghlan, G. Zemunik et M. Bunce. 2015. The rise and fall of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal diversity during ecosystem retrogression. Molecular ecology, 24 : 4912-4930.
- Roy-Bolduc, A., E. Laliberté et M. Hijri. 2015. High richness of ectomycorrhizal fungi and low host specificity in a coastal sand dune ecosystem revealed by network analysis. Ecology and Evolution, 6 (1) : 349-362.
- Laliberté, E., Lambers, H., Burgess, T. I. and S. J. Wright. 2015. Phosphorus limitation, soil-borne pathogens and the coexistence of plant species in hyperdiverse forests and shrublands. New Phytologist 206: 507-521 (Invited Tansley Review)
- Hayes, P., B.L. Turner, H. Lambers et E. Laliberté. 2014. Foliar nutrient concentrations and resorption efficiency in plants of contrasting nutrientacquisition strategies along a 2-million-year dune chronosequence. Journal of Ecology, 102 (2): 396–410.
- Laliberté, E., Zemunik, G. and B.L. Turner. 2014. Environmental filtering explains variation in plant diversity along resource gradients. Science 345: 1602-1605
- Lambers, H., P.E. Hayes, E. Laliberté, R.S. Oliveira et B.L. Turner. 2014. Leaf manganese accumulation and phosphorus-acquisition efficiency. Trends in Plant Science, 20: 83-90.
- Rader, R.I., I. Bartomeus, J.M. Tylianakis et E. Laliberté. 2014. The winners and losers of land-use intensification: pollinator community disassembly is non-random and alters functional diversity. Diversity and Distributions, 20 (8): 908–917.
- Ramalho, C., E. Laliberté, P. Poot et R.J. Hobbs. 2014. Complex effects of fragmentation on remnant woodland plant communities of a rapidly urbanizing biodiversity hotspot. Ecology, 95 (90): 2466-2478.
- Turner, B.L. et E. Laliberté. 2014. Soil development and nutrient availability along a 2-million-year coastal dune chronosequence under species-rich mediterranean shrubland in southwestern australia. Ecosystems, 18: 287-309.
- Zemunik, G., B.L. Turner, H. Lambers et E. Laliberté. 2015. Diversity of plant nutrient-acquisition strategies increases during long-term ecosystem development. Nature Plants, 1 (5): 1-4.
- Laliberté, E., Grace, J. B., Huston, M. A., Lambers, H., Teste, F. P., Turner, B. L. and D. A. Wardle. 2013. How does pedogenesis drive plant diversity? Trends in Ecology and Evolution 6: 331-340
- Laliberté, E. et P. Legendre. 2010. A distance-based framework for measuring functional diversity from multiple traits. Ecology 91: 299-305
- Laliberté, E., Wells J., DeClerck F., Metcalfe D.J., Catterall C.P., Queiroz C., Aubin I., Bonser S.P., Ding Y., Fraterrigo J.M., McNamara S., Morgan J.W., Sanchez-Merlos D, Vesk P.A. and Mayfield M.M. 2010. Land use intensification reduces functional redundancy and response diversity in plant communities. Ecology Letters 13: 76-86
The complete list of publications by Étienne Laliberté is found here